Thread: Scs
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 07:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Carol.

You have been busy. I'm so glad you started a support group. THere just isn't anything out there for us. My pump was a St Jude (ANS). My rep was good, but as he wasn't a dr. he (the second one), did pick up on all my complaints about horrible pain from my incision site. It turned out I had developed (withing 3 wks of surgery) a MRSA infection that almost killed me and left me in a nursing home. Long story short, I'm fine. My scs incision site hurt so bad. It seems as if the scs can cause rsd to spread. I've got the pain pump and am in 7th heaven. I know there are quite a few people out there who have both the scs and pump. some others have the scs removed when the pump goes in. It all depends on what works best for you. Most drs. don't want to do the pump because its a long term commitment on the drs part. He's with you, and you with him for quite a long time. If you are not getting, or are having, more pain or the scs isn't working, please take things into your own hands and find a dr who does the pump. It is wonderful. The dr that did my 2nd scs was well know. He had been on OPRAH and was pretty famous. He hates the pump, will give pain meds for 2 2wks after surgery and not a pill more, and once you have the scs, he will not follow up nor treat your pain. Being a well known dr, or one of the best in the area isn't important. being understanding and willing to commit to you and your wellbeing is.

Kudos to you for being active.

Hugs
Mary
Kakimbo (02-11-2010), mellowguy (02-12-2010), Rrae (02-11-2010)