View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default try push for the latest technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by djf230 View Post
Hi :
Does anyone know why some people need 2 shunts. Our 13 year old son has had more revisions than I can count and he is still having terrable headaches that never go away. His surgeon seems to be ok with it but he's not the one suffering. We are going to see him on Thursday and was wondering if anyone could give me some info before we go. Thank You..
hi
try push for the latest technology I am no expert but have csf issues see if your surgeon is using the latest technology eg programmable shunt, shunts are old technology in as much as they just act as a pressure relief valve , the new programmable shunts can be adjusted without surgery for therapy and pain control I was a engineer for 30 yrs,a shunt is just basic hydrolics trying to control a very complex system

there is need for a better device I have blue prints for such a device which is free to anyone who is interested and is with a research organization now, but with any medical device research and development is always a problem

best wishes
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-11-2010), MelodyL (02-15-2010)