Thread: new here
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default new here

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to jump in--I'm happy to find this forum.

I'm waiting for a diagnosis. My first symptoms were just balance troubles, which puzzled the doctors. Now I'm getting more typical mg symptoms--weakness in my arms, legs, and neck muscles, especially in the late afternoon. Can't talk on the phone then, because it's hard to hold up my arm--that sort of thing.

Psychologically, I feel better now that I've decided I know what's going on! If the tests come back negative, I will be a wreck again. I am wanting to move from the "what could this be?" to the "dealing with it" stage, though I do know that there's always something new to learn to deal with...I know I'm just at the beginning.

Yesterday I was sitting reading, and at supper time I got up to go to the table and found I was too "tilty" to walk. I called my husband to help me, and the kids--my three little boys and their friend--heard me say "It's the tilty time of the day" as we came into the living room. So they all stuck out their arms and tilted around, saying "Whoooooaaaa." They totally cracked me up. It's not that they're unsympathetic--it's just that they're too young to carry around the burden of worry.
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote