View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 10:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Kathy - it sounds like you live in a flare - I'm so, so sorry.

What is the date of your appt with Dr. S? Hopefully it is less than one month away, so you are counting the days. Is this your first appt with him? Or are you already lined up for treatment? Do you know that you are going in for a certain ketamine treatment when you go to Drexel in March? Have you tried any other treatments so far - like blocks or lidocaine infusions? How did they work? How about PT or OT to keep things moving?

There is a lot of evidence that suggests that aggressive PT can help RSD. My RSD spread to my right leg last year, but I have never stopped moving (I walk as many miles a day as the cold weather permits) and it remains mobile (but really painful). Of course, my original injury wasn't to one of my feet, so I am not walking on a neuroma like some other RSDers would have to do in order to stay mobile - I wouldn't want to say that I could do something as incredibly painful as that might be...however, the motto is "use it or lose it."

One thing that I have a real problem with because of the chronic pain is my blood pressure. Have you had yours checked? In the absence of meds yours could be out of control because of your pain - just be careful.

Have a good day - the sun is finally shining..hopefully my head will stop throbbing soon..hopefully...

Peace, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cindi1965 (02-12-2010), SandyS (02-11-2010)