View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 11:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you kindly to everyone for their warm responses.

I actually have not been diagnosed with RSD and only began searching on symptoms via the internet when an internist from a running forum i participate in suggested RSD (when only my foot was turning colors and having temp changes).

I think my initial post was a bit convoluted. I was having a very bad day, full of frustration, disappointment and after re-reading my feelings definately made the post hard to decipher. this one may be too (i'm still having a hard time explaining all i'm going thru)

My confusion lies in severeal areas:

1. is my pain that is actually in my hip from part of the healing process, the screws causing irritation, or something else. The pain is electrical shock, burning in the hip (yes I DO HAVE A SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE IN MY GROIN, larger then 1.5 cm. )Some of my fellow runners have suggested a labral tear. (unfortuantely, this is where i was getting the run around from my ORTHO. he was simply saying after surgery he had no idea why i was having so much pain because it was a simple surgery) I think the pain is a combo of healing from surgery and something else going on.

2. Had it stayed in the hip area i would have dealt with that by getting a second opinion with another ortho.

3. Now my right foot is numb and burns or feels more like icy hot (the feeling u get one it's so cold, it travels up my leg to just below my knee. Then my hands started changing colors and having the same "icy hot" feeling. Then my left foot is showing the same symptoms. All my extremities look like there is no oxygen being supplied thru the blood to them. What is causing this? My hands aren't tied to any nerves that could have been damaged during surgery. At least nothing i've read indicates that.

4. So with these "unrelated to injury" symptoms (or at least i assume/assumed they were) I go to see two family medicine practitioners. Both of which just don't seem to want to go any where near the issues i'm dealing with. I am SO SO surprised by the "i dont' know's" I mean if i walked in to the office and didn't mention my surgery, i think they would be all over finding out why i'm having these issues.

5. I don't want to say the OS did something wrong or did not properly diagnose me. What i do know is that i still have very similiar pain in my hip, new pain in my hip, severe temp changes in my feet and hands w/icy hot pain and my left foot has a pins and needles feeling. My feet and hands look very similiar to pics on here.

I wouldn't say the pain i have now is severe. The pain i had for the first 10 days was severe. The pain i have now is extremely uncomfortable and gets more irritating as the day progresses. Night time is the worst (in bed).

My next step is to get a second opinion from an Ortho in another city.

I've always been a very holistic medicine type person, firmly believing alternative medicine and that your body heals itself if given the opportunity. I can't say that this experience w/DRS. has made me any more faithful in western medicine.

I appreciate the opportunity to vent. I think just being heard and knowing that someone can symphathize with you when you can't get any answers makes all the difference in your mental health. I believe 100% that your mental being can harm or improve your physical being and even thought i believe that I find myself falling in that "woe is me" mentality.

Thanks for allowing me to come on here and just vent away regardless of what condition i may have.

I wish you all a day of normality and free of pain or discomfort (as much as you can).
hipgirl
hipgirl9109 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (02-11-2010)