View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I think chiropractors are just like Drs, PTs & any service person.. there are really good one s and there are not so good ones.

Mine does other treatments beside adjustments - for my tight muscles, the trigger points & any muscles spasms I may have.
Like a DC & PT rolled in to one.
He uses ultrasound, manual TrP work, low level laser{aka cold laser}, Inferential electric stimulation {IF stim}.

There are DCs out there than can & will do all of this , but finding a good one will take time, calling around and asking if multiple modalities are used for treatment might be a good way to find one.

Same goes for finding an advanced PT person , there are some that take advanced classes & spine care, calling and asking about PTs w/advanced training would be how to find one.

The tight & possibly spasmed back muscles need to be addressed - that could be a part of your problem also.

I don't have much faith in any Dc or MD or PT that sees very tight muscles and doesn't treat or at least refer patient to further care & tx for those.

A big circle of effects - muscle spasms can keep pulling the various vertebra out of alignment, poor alignment can affect the vertebra and around it goes.
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-11-2010), Hockey (02-11-2010)