View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 02:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had the pins and needles in my feet and terrible weakness years ago ,when I was exposed to chemical toxins (Tester's model airplane paint, and turpintine) I was making dough ornaments to sell & painting them, I got to where I couldn't even brush my hair and hardly climb steps. The doctor sent me for a test for myasthemia gravis . When this was going on....about all I could do was just sit....so I spent more time painting! (not knowing this was the cause) When Christmas came that year, I put the paints away and after a few days started to recover from "whatever" had caused my problems. We were all happy. Well August came and my husband said that people were asking if I would make the Christmas ornaments again. I agreed to do it. The very first day the paints came out and the terpintine...POW , it hit me so hard that I sunk to the garage floor..my body went right back into the same symptoms, but worse! Then , we knew what had caused it all. I was so chemically sensitive for years that I couldn't be anywhere near anyone with perfume, or go down the laundry isle of a grocery store (my lungs would tighten and head would hurt so quick that I could hardly drive home.
I am still sensitive to strong chemicals and between them & pesticides from farming, feel that they brought on PD symptoms much earlier in life than I would have had them. I am now 57. With addition of fava tincture daily, I feel good and am mostly symptom free at this point...but how I wish I had not had the expossure to toxic chemicals!
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote