View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 2 days every 3 weeks

I am doing 2 days every 3 weeks right now, but I have had it every 2 weeks, every 4 weeks, it all just depends on how the mg is doing over time. I have been on IVIG off and on for about 5 years and it has been a lifesaver.

I really try to pay attention to how I am reacting each time I get the IVIG because it is so darn expensive and I don't want to be getting unnecessary treatments. My insurance company has been really good about approving the IVIG, but I just shudder each time I see how much they pay.

Having said that, I really believe IVIG is what is keeping me going.

Just FYI, I am also on 3,000 Cellcept daily, 60 mg mestinon every 4-5 hours and 180 timespan at night and 60 mg prednisone daily. The prednisone is mainly because I have been having bad double vision problems the last 6-8 months and I'm trying to get my vision back in line. I've been on it for about 2-1/2 months and there is some improvement. I'll see the neuro next week and discuss it with him then; hate the side affects!

As everyone who has mg can tell you, everyone is different and you have to figure out what works for you.

Good luck!
Juanitad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote