View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Hello Sandy and Kim.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim ames View Post
Hi KS!

I feel exactly like you and many of us feel! I live in Maryland and we just got another blizzard yesterday. It's snowed more this winter than in the past ten years combined! Set new record for all-time highest amount of snow...ever! AND, lucky us, another storm coming next Monday!!! AHHHHHHHHH!! (And I LOVE snow!).

I missed my pain doctor's appt., cuz they got hammered too (Philadelphia) and I will run out of pain meds, therefore I will have to resort to my vicoden, which I am allergic to and make me vomit. Gotta pick the lesser of two evils; agonizing pain or puking! (sorry to be so graphic.)

As far as pain goes, for me anyway...Deep burning in my RSD leg, agonizing muscle spasms, shooting pain, bouts of sweating/shivering, one inch of atrophy, extreme burning (like a jellyfish stung me), piercing jabbing jolts of fire. 24 hour a day, 7 days a week. My husband says that I even cry in my sleep.

I am very sorry that you are going through this. BUT, everyone here is very kind and caring and sympathetic (get the joke?). I have made many wonderful friends here and so will you. One friend has not heard from me in a while (bad flare from snow) and PM'd me just to check on me! Now that's friendship!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and congrats on being a Grandma!

So nice to hear back from you both..Yes,.. My RSD has never ever stopped or lessened in the 3 years I have had it..Of course, I gotx the SCS unit and now it has spread... Yes, my Blood pressure just today was 134/84.. it does travel as low as 50 on the bottom also.... I too have whole body sweats then turn cold instantly...and I have had 4 out of 5 nerve blocks.. medications..two arms length which I had to stop taking and now I am on nothing cold turkey as I is just too hard to be sick too.. I had accupuncture.. I was told I am too far advanced for the oxygen chamber...(HBOT)and now off to Drexel with a "rush" stamped on my forehead...in March the 15th.. This is only a consult to see Dr. S and what is possible for me...honestly..I am having lots of trouble wrapping my heart around this step..maybe I am getting tired of the whole RSD game..or possibly the travel and $$$ it is going to take, I don't know... Anyway... I say the I am okay..and Iam okay.....I hurt, as everyone does...I just get up and try again each day... Oh and I never cry...some reason..I just can't do it...

Kim, how long have you had your constant symptoms?? Sandy, I am so happy you go in and out of flares....

Much love to you, my special friends!!! And thank you for allowing me to spew!!!

Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cindi1965 (02-12-2010)