View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 04:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy027 View Post
I tried splints, therapy is ongoing. I wrap my wrist now. The doctor who did the EMG said it could be from worsening of scar tissue. I had 2 failed surgeries on right hand.

I don't know. It's hard not to use your dominent hand. It just feels worse then ever, and I have that lingering finger infection on same hand. I see doctor Monday for infection; they called in more antibiotics. Sometimes you got to throw up your hands and say I give up.
yeah, I feel like giving up too... and then the phone rings, I get hungry or hubby's coming in the door. LIFE keeps coming at ya.

You know, at my worst with my arms and hands, I did incorporate and use my feet for some tasks, even running a copier on the floor with my feet to open the lid, close the lid, push the button, slide paper off, slide paper on. It was that bad, for years. Just a thought to keep some work off your hands. I also move laundry baskets with my feet, never bending over or carrying them, even today.

Have you looked at the Kinesio tape option. It has a retraining aspect to it. it lightly holds things in place too.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...aqi=g3&start=0

It helped me in many ways. If you pull it too tight, it can cause spasm. I could mail you some to try on your hand and fingers if that would interest you.

I know how frustrating hand issues can be.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
billy027 (02-12-2010)