View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 05:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Hey. I am not an expert like Mrs D but some thoughts based on my experiences. I am assuming this is a neuro who is doing the emg? If so I would ask about an mri of the brain and spine. Unfortunatly I have seen 3 internists through this and both have done nothing for me and are clueless about neuropathy it seems. Have you looked into other conditions like auto immune? I am not a fan of detox diets. I think and people can correct me if I am wrong but I think it is important to find a healthy lifestyle ou can commit to. You stated you have already lost weight so that is on the right track. It takes time unfortuantly I think for supplements and diet to help improve things. Also I am a rare case I developed this at 28 with none of the usual things being a factor. Have you thought of going on some meds to help with pain and the weak? Ok sorry this is all over. Hang in there and I hope the emg goes smooth
Hi Daniella,
I had the EMG yesterday and the MD that did the procedure said that everything looks fine. I'm glad on one hand, but was looking for answers. I guess I should be glad that I dont have any pain, just numbness and leg fatigue. I'm committed to getting healthy and its just sad that it took this PN thing for me to get serious. I have an HMO and I need to find another primary doctor, because mine doesn't seem to understand why I want to see a neuro. So I guess the search is on so I can at least get things eliminated or a diagnosis I can trust and believe. Thank you for your response and concern
feeshgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote