View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for the input.

I am going to try the Vitamin C. I never heard of that.

Joan, you are so right about the exercise. In the winter months I usually walk 3 to 5 milles 2 to 5 times a week but in the winter I can't do it. I tried a stair stepper but it just sets off my lower pain more. The walking didn't do it for me though. I can say that. I love taking walks but now that Bill is gone I don't know yet how I will do it because he would come looking for me if I took too long. I walk sometimes in the winter months but our weather has been so bad this winter I barely walk out my back door. We have had 5 weekends of snow and they are calling for it again this coming weekend. This is the worst winter I have ever seen here since we came here 33 years ago.

As far as fairing. It seems like things are getting worse instead of better. I cry on Sundays almost all day. That was a good day for us together even though we both hated Sundays. I have dreamed about him more and I keep seeing him walk through the back door in my mind.

Susan and my step kids are great at trying to get me through the things such as my bills and errands but just getting through losing him has been horrendous. I never ever dreamed of anything like losing him.

Thanks so much for the info on the cholestral. I am going to see if I can maybe try another med. My Dr. brings up my cholestral often. He wants it down but I just can't do it.

As far as what I eat. I don't use sugar, I don't eat bread, I don't use shortening, I don't use butter or margarine, I don't eat meats, I hardly ever use salt. I really do watch what I eat but it doesn't help. I'm not overweight but I do want to lose at least 10 to 15 more lbs. but that's another thing I can't accomplish. I didn't gain but 2 lb at christmas though that was a plus.

I get very frustrated with my weight and my cholestral but just can't get either down. I have been the same weight now for about 5 years.

Again, thanks for the help, all of you.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote