View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 10:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Lindy,

Thank you very much for your reply.

The information you provided is very concrete and makes complete sense.

It may sound odd, but the profession I work in is of a technical nature, and sometimes requires a great deal of equipment troublehsooting. As I have been reading about PD and the steps required to form a diagnosis, I often relate such a process to the technical troublehshooting process I often find myself performing as part of my job. I too perform tasks that "rule out" potential problems, which puts me one step closer to determining the cause and solution to particular problems. It sure sounds like forming a diagnosis of PD or PS is more-or-less a "troublehshooting" process and includes a plethora of "ruling out". Unfortunately with PD or PS we are working with people's health and lives, instead of equipment.

After I read your post, I thought back to some of the discussion points our neuro was speaking in regards to, and they are really starting to make sense. Since her symptoms are pointing in the direction of PD, the next step, including an analysis of the MRI, is to start taking the Carbidopa/Levodopa to see how my mother reacts. If her condition "gets better", we are one step closer to a PD diagnosis. If her symptoms remain the same, we have decreased the probability of a PD diagnosis, and we start looking at other potential issues.

I must say that after joining this forum, in addition to other readings, I have faith in the neuro that we are seeing. Over the years I have come to lose trust in the integrity of certain doctors, but in this case, I am trying to remain optimistic.

Whatever the case ends up being, I can only hope that the medications and treatments available will help in providing her the ability to live the life that she is used to living.

Thanks again for the reply and support.

Matthew
SmittyZ3M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote