View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 10:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--of brain and spinal cord done, looking for signs of stroke or other ischemic event and/or central nervous system demyelinating diseases (such as MS)?
Yes, the results were normal.

I went for a consultation and saw a PA instead of the neurologist who saw me in the hospital. She went over my test results from the hospital and told me once again that everything looked normal. She put me on Nortriptyline and said that someone would call me to schedule a nerve conduction study. It's been 3 days and no one has called, even though I told her I wanted to do this as soon as possible. She acted as if I'm imagining everything. This whole thing about my stress causing all my symptoms is really getting on my nerves. I told her that my vision was still blurry and she suggested I see an eye doctor. It was never blurry before all of this started, so why do I have to see an eye doctor?

My symptoms got worse yesterday. I was in severe pain. It started at my shoulders and would randomly shoot through my arms and then through my legs. At one point I was about to break down and cry again because this is just too overwhelming for me. My legs have been having numbness as well and I have some difficulty controlling them, I feel wobbly and like I have to work extra hard to get my feet moving in the right direction. Also I don't feel when my bladder is full most of the time and my bowel movements are very irregular.

I have a co-worker who has MS and at this point she is one of the very few people who understand what I am going through. Everyone else just looks at me like I am crazy.
Bailey0507 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote