View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 09:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Tongue

Thank you for the quick response. The reason that the costs were so prohibitive was that both my sister and my first cousin have MS. The neuro's here were so convinced that I had MS that no stone was left unturned in the testing. Which by the way was all inconclusive. The MS clinic in Rochester NY thought I might be one of the 1% of patients who do not show MRI signs but still have relapsing remitting MS. I have had neuro consults, ortho, GI/GU, acupuncture, chiropractic, massage, Reiki, blood work and detoxification. All I know is the past five years have been very stressful and frustrating.I have been using cyano 1000 mcg 1x week for one year, then once/two weeks and finally once per month. I read and researched all I can on the B12, cyano vs methyl vs hydroxy and the abilities of the body to absorb each of them. I am taking No Shot Methylcobalamin but according to what you have said, not enough. I am also upping my folic acid, not folate but folic acid sold by Metagenics to bring down my homocysteine levels. It is all so complicated. If you take too much folic acid it actually reacts and raises the level of homocysteine which is bad. It is all a balance I guess. My MMA was within the normal range, I think less than 1. When I stop the shots, I end up where I am now with the ugly symptoms that are misunderstood, misdiagnosed and inconvenient to say the least. I have not in the past found methyl in the injectible form. Also when I have the B12 serum levels tested, they are within the normal range, although the symptoms are intermittent, sometimes completely gone and other times like right now that they are pretty intense. To add to it all, my 46 year old sister is dying of cancer. I have learned to never say it can't happen to me.......................
daisydc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote