View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 12:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face I get this too!!!!

Yes I get the exact same thing - I didn't know anyone else got it, too!! i get it mostly at night while lying in bed. It makes it impossible to lie still or get comfortable. When I tell my doctors about it, that is exactly what i call it - Restless Arm Syndrome - because that is exactly how it feels. Finally a Sleep Doctor confirmed that technically both are forms of "Restless Limb Syndrome", it's just that it is far more common in Legs and so hence the more common name.

I have tried Mirapex (typically prescribed for Restless Leg)...it seems like it may have worked some, but i never got up to an effective dose because of side effects (headaches). It may be worth a try for you. I have noticed that for me the Restless Arm feeling definitely seems related to times when i "overdo it" with the arms. Taking extra pain meds at night does seem to help calm them down. They have particularly been better since I switched from Fentanyl Patch and Percocet to Kadian (time release morphine) with morphine sulfate (short acting morhpine) for break-through. In fact, I'm finding my pain relief and my sleep have improved all the way around since switching to these meds.

Good Luck - i know that restless feeling makes it so hard to get any rest.
Hugs,
Nolina
Nolina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
trixlynn (02-13-2010)