View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 01:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart thank you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Dear Kathy,

I would also suggest Methadone...I was taking 5 mg 3 times a day for many months. It works REALLY well for nerve pain. Many people on this board take it with little or no side effects other than constipation.

Morphine is another med I use. I learned that opiates (morphine is in that family) AND methadone DON'T go together, they cancel each other out. I had been prescribed both by a RI doc, and no one set me straight until I saw Dr. Getson in NJ. (I'm still bummed that my beloved Boston doc missed that one!). I wear a 75 mcg Fentanyl morphine patch that I change every 48 -72 hours. I would like to taper down to a lower dose soon because of the constant "brain fog" and depression. The Fentanyl patch has been invaluable to me since last summer when I became so sick with head pain. For a while I even went up to 100 mcg and had Perc for break through. (One of the reasons I likely needed such high doses is because I was also taking the Methadone with it - and they weren't working well together!) You can only be prescribed Fentanyl if you have been taking opiates on a regular basis for a several months and are deemed to be "opiod tolerant."

I sincerely hope that you find something to help you...have you tried any of the Mindfulness Training that is available on the UMass website? FMichael has written extensively about it in the past, and I can provide a few links if you would like.

Good luck, XOXOX Sandy
Ada and Sandy.. you are fantastic!!!! Thank you very much on your feed back..you know my story..I did fill the script but waiting for the right time to start it..that tells you a bunch also... Methadone was considered by my Dr. that day but see I do have some cardiac problems..not related to my RSD.., I think.. anyway due to my heart trouble my dr. immediately erased the thought of the Methadone and advised his Asst. to start me on a low dose of morphine..well try it anyway..As far as the patches..tryed them also..even nausea there as well can't get them off without shear pain... I have not tryed the mindfulness website..If you promise it won't make me hurl..then why not?! tee-hee... Look at me chicken to start the med..just don't like being sick...again..

I so enjoy each of my friends here..I'd be lost without you...

Luv.. Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (02-16-2010)