View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
soccer,

I think you visit to the doctor the other day is a BIG sign. You said you just lied about everything being OK. Why did you do that?

The recommendation of journalism your symptoms is exactly what I told you some time ago. The biggest problem with PCS is trying to deny the problems. If yiou deny and ignore the problems, you will never learn how to fix them.

Your mother needs to get involved in your recovery. maybe she needs to post onto this forum. Invite her to do it. She could be SoccersMom.

You will never get better on your own. You need her help.

Unless you start taking this more seriously, you will end up with another concussion from a very minor bump and your world will change so that you do not recognize yourself.

Your zone-out moments could be absence seizures. I have them. It will be helpful if your mother knows to watch for these. If she see you eyes going blank, she need to note it down. She should see if you respond to her voice or waving hands. If it takes a few moments to 'come out of it,' it is a symptoms that needs investigating.

You will want to drive a car soon. If you have not resolved these issues, you may be denied a license. Or worse, you may get your license and then have a serious accident. When I was sixteen, I had to put off getting my drivers license because of my 'zoning out' problems. My doctor finally cleared me about nine months later.

After my thirteenth concussion ( most were very minor bumps) at 46, I had to stop driving.

You have a long life ahead that is worth protecting.

Talk to your mom. Have her post here so she can become more involved. It may just save your life. Your lies and denial are putting you at risk.

Sorry if I sound harsh. I am just a old grandpa with vast experience with concussion. I hate to see others going through what I went through the past 40 years.

There is an old saying.

Fools refuse to learn from their own mistakes.
Smart people learn from their own mistakes.
Wise people learn from others mistakes.

You have a chance to be a wise person.
im pretty sure ive had at least 3 more concussions since the first one. one time i woke up on my kitchen floor with a nice bump i got hit in the face at a soccer practice i was elbowed in the head at basketball recently which made everything worse oh wait no 4 now because i woke up about a week ago to discover another nice bump. i already have my license too and continue to drive.
soccer14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote