View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
It's good that you keep posting here. It's a sign that you know you need medical help and sooner or later you'll accept that.

Denial is a big symptom of a TBI. Like you, I spent months convinced that first, I was perfectly fine and then that I could just will my way through all the symptoms. While I was doing this, I was way less functional than you are. It's part of the injury.

You're lucky because you've got people here who understand what's happening to you and won't stop encouraging you to get help until you finally do. I went through the denial stage alone. I had no idea what was happening and half the time I thought I was losing my mind.

Please don't write us off as a bunch of old nags - we're just trying to spare you a lot of the agony we've already been through.

The truth will set you free.
im pretty sure thats why i keep posting here so that i know im not losing my mind becsue no one else knows what im going through. even my assistant basketball coach who had to quit since she had 3 concussions doesnt know all the stuff im going through. i just want someone to understand i guess. i know im not in denial i just dont want to stop playing which is stupid because i have my whole life ahead of me i just like it too much.

i just like knowing someone else understands what im going through i couldnt imagine trying to go throguh this alone. and i want to find out if my new symptoms are very severe or not thats probably the biggest reason.
soccer14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote