View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi KS

I like you also have a severe sensitivity to medicine and have been left in the dirt with pain. For the first time in eight years, my doctor put me on oxycontin 20mg twice a day. I had the prescription for three days before taking it. Finally, it was a Saturday, my husband was home and I took the little shooter. Nothing....I couldn't beleive it, so about six hours later, I took a vicodin, which I am prescribed for breakthrough anyhow, I just couldn't stand the pain. A few hours later, I took another oxycontin as scheduled and I noticed my level had gone down. Now, two weeks later, it doesn't affect me at all, it is like taking a placebo, but my pain had kind of leveled out. I still take the vicodin for breakthrough twice a day.

Now today I had a really, really bad day, so my answer to your question is no I have not tried morpine but right now I would like to. LOL. They say the longlasting medications are better for this type of pain. Like you, I was afraid to try them, but overall, I think it has reduced my pain. Good luck, keep yourself calm, and just the medication do its job. Let us know how this works for you, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (02-16-2010)