View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 11:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart You all warmed my heart..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbyfree View Post
I like you also have a severe sensitivity to medicine and have been left in the dirt with pain. For the first time in eight years, my doctor put me on oxycontin 20mg twice a day. I had the prescription for three days before taking it. Finally, it was a Saturday, my husband was home and I took the little shooter. Nothing....I couldn't beleive it, so about six hours later, I took a vicodin, which I am prescribed for breakthrough anyhow, I just couldn't stand the pain. A few hours later, I took another oxycontin as scheduled and I noticed my level had gone down. Now, two weeks later, it doesn't affect me at all, it is like taking a placebo, but my pain had kind of leveled out. I still take the vicodin for breakthrough twice a day.

Now today I had a really, really bad day, so my answer to your question is no I have not tried morpine but right now I would like to. LOL. They say the longlasting medications are better for this type of pain. Like you, I was afraid to try them, but overall, I think it has reduced my pain. Good luck, keep yourself calm, and just the medication do its job. Let us know how this works for you, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeanie
Hi everyone... I am warmed right to my little toe with all of your responses..it makes me giggle to see that you picked up on the fact that I am really putting off trying the morphine..something about touching the burner when it is red HOT ya know yur gonna burn yur hand...so I am thinking of what days it would be best to start ..actually when will the bathroom be free?? Once the kids are in school, I gather.... Honestly... it is so evident what important our meds play in our RSD management..everyone is different..with what they take and their reactions to them..some of us...the ole' cold turkey route... I promise I will give this the ole' school kid try..what is the worst..it may take a few days to recover..I will be back to where I am now....RSD solo..and I'll continue with the half empty..half full..thinking..life is a gift..we are dealt some stinky cards sometimes..but really matters is how to play those cards...and when it is all said and done..I am the luckiest lady out there because of such wonderful friendships and support you all share with me!!!!

Have a nice rest tonight, my friends...Sleep tight.

Luv,

Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (02-16-2010), loretta (02-17-2010), SandyRI (02-14-2010)