View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 12:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I did obtain a labradoodle for my service dog this time, unfortunately, I received one with everything poodle except the hair! He's a terrific animal though. I found a shedding limiter shampoo works great! It's difficult to time his grooming though, with important outings. Being handicapped means it's tough enough to get myself ready! However, I found you just have to keep trying and testing shampoos. Another special shampoo by the same company (as makes the limiting shed) he and I are both allergic to! Go figure.

As for meeting people who have an allergy, the ADA says that's their problem, not ours. They need to take care of their allergy with an ENT or allergist etc., they can't deny entry (or revisting) just because of that. I generally say something like, I'm sorry to hear that, can't the allergist help you at all with that? Which puts the onus back onto them, or at least hopes to open their eyes that they can do something about it! TC