View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, she has started the levodopa. Today (Sunday) is the seventh day she has been on the medication. She has been able to take the prescribed three pills per day, without any issues in her stomach. She mentioned that on occasion, it makes her feel a bit drowsy.

I see my mother on weekends. In my honest opinion, I feel that I see more "personality" in her face, she appears to be more talkative, and her voice seems a bit stronger. In terms of her mobility, we have not seen any increase nor decrease in her condition when compared to before she started taking the medication.

She claims that the very little resting tremor that she had, has gotten better since she has taken the medication. I walked in today and saw her lifting three pound weights to strengthen her arms. Yesterday afternoon I had made her soup, and she was able to lift the soup bowl up to her mouth with both hands to finish the broth. Both of these tasks, in my opinion, were more difficult for her to do prior to starting the medication.

I also help organize my father's medication every Sunday. My mother and I do this together. She knows what pills he takes, I simply listen and put them in the appropriate container. We use those M T W T F S S containers, which for some people, including my mother, are difficult to open. I walked into the kitchen today and she already had them open for me.

So, at this point in time it appears as if there are minor improvements since she started the medication. The initial trial is 30 days, and our next appointment with the neuro is on the 1st of March. I hope the next item we start to notice is an increase in her mobility.

Thanks for the continued support.

Matthew
SmittyZ3M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote