Thread: Clinical Trials
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 08:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default contacting you privately

please phoneme - i've lost your phone number!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitcher View Post
I have a couple of questions and would like as much feed back anyone would like to provide. While I have my own personal perspective in five trials I have participated in, I would appreciate any comments that I can
include along with mine (anonymously, of course.)

I am preparing to be on a patient panel where I, along with others, will be asked questions about participation in trial(s); a patients perspective. Only 30 minutes are provided for this part of the conference. The attendees will be clinical trial staff and I have no idea the number of attendees at this conference. The conference is put together by Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI).

Please ONLY those who have participated in a clinical trial, or multiple trials.
  • What motivated you to participate?
  • How did you find out about a trial that you participated in; e.g. physician's office, NIH clincialtrials.gov, PDtrials.org, from another PWP.
  • What, if anything, did you wish you had been told about the trial?
  • Was the Informed Content process complete enough for you and/or a family member who may have gone through the IC process with you?
  • Were you given information about contacting a trial staff member when you needed to do so? If so, what was the response time, and did you feel that the staffer listened to you and took you seriously?
  • What did your expectation about the trial staff; the pricipal investigator (the physician you saw), the other medical staff, the testing staff, etc.

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote