View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 08:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default response to medication

Hi,
It does sound as though your mom is responding some to the medication. Drowsiness is not unusual. I am very close to your mom's age, and when I started on sinemet did so on the same dose.

I had symptoms for quite a while prior to being tried out on medication and initially though it did feel good that I could do some things again I do not think others could see the improvements I felt. It felt like it took time for my dopamine starved brain to start to get back into balance.

The little improvements you feel you can see may be a positive sign for pd. But that is for your mom and her neuro to decide. I wanted to say that overall I have had way more improvement since those early days, though it did take time, and some effort to get things working better for me. Today I am a lot more functional than I was then, some of the improvements surprised me as I had not noticed everything that pd had been taking away from me.

It was crucial to my improvement that I understood what was happening to me, this forum was an immense help, supportive and informative at the same time.

I hope if this is pd you are seeing in your mom, that she too finds a similar improvement, and wish you both the best in getting things sorted out.

Keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote