View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 09:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Euphemism of the century...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dawson View Post
Update:
The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia has received updated advice from Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) regarding the supply shortage of Sinemet CR (levodopa/carbidopa). The supply situation is such that the distribution of Sinemet CR to pharmaceutical wholesalers has ceased until 2011. It is expected that the majority of pharmacies will not be able to fill prescriptions from March 2010 for approximately 12 months.
Pharmacists can assist by recommending all patients currently on Sinemet CR to make an appointment with their prescribing doctor as soon as possible to consider alternative arrangements.
Pharmacists with
any queries can contact the MSD Medical Information group on 1800 645 712.

So, Aussies, consider your alternative arrangements. How about handing the whole problem over to the Crown Prosecutor? That would be an alternative.
Consider the alternatives?!? That's the best euphemism yet for "sorry, but you are SOL (s**t out of luck)"

I was thinking that if regular Sinemet too ceases production that maybe alternative arrangements means... they will offer on a free and temporary basis DBS surgery which may or may not work? Or maybe there is some sort of experimental brain transplant treatment they are wanting to try? a Russian black market? a Golden Ticket?

Any other grand ideas? My, oh, my what a world we live in. Sham surgeries and no gold standard which sucks when there is no silver standard to fall back on.

-Laura

Last edited by Conductor71; 02-14-2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: the extraneous y
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote