View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 09:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Tyson,

I agree with everyone here that that sorta exertion will prolly make you really ill if going up the stairs is hard on you. Throw in the high elevation, as Annie pointed out, and this is a recipe for at least an exacerbation (at least).

My aunt went on a trip to BC and was shocked at how bad her breathing was when she had gone for a swim (higher elevation). Mind you, my aunt is 59, but she is in great shape, has never smoked a day in her life, does not drink alcohol, has no illness, takes vitamins/supplements, eats well...The whole shebang...Now imagine someone who is already compromised in the breathing department, has had surgery fairly recently in the vicinity if the lungs, and whose illness impacts other muscles which will tire out the breathing just because of that weakness alone...

It doesn't mean you'll be like this forever, and you'll always have to make these kinds of sacrifices...It just means that you might have to make them around this time...Later, you will most likely be well enough to do these things again...I know you're depressed because of being sick- believe me, it totally sucks, I know...But if you do something that has a good chance of making you sicker, it'll take that much longer to get back to your normal baseline...My neurologist always tells me that...with MG, your baseline of 'normalcy' will get lower the longer the damage has gone on/the more things progress because of exacerbations...

Please take care, Tyson!
Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote