View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 12:13 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My DH and I met when we started orientation the same day at the hospital. I had just gotten over the flu and he was smitten by another person in the same group. This was 11/71. Since we worked at the same hospital, him in the pharmacy and me an RN we saw each other quite a lot. In 2/72 we were both in line at the cafe to pay our bills for lunch. He didn't have a ticket so I asked him he was doing. He said he was buying a package of Big Red chewing gum. I had a package in my purse on the unit so I told him to come upsatairs and I would give him a piece. We laugh about it now, the old line 'come on up and I'll give you a piece.' We had our first date that night, engaged the next month and married 9/2/72. Still together. Not always happy but determined to keep it together. I asked him one time how he felt about the burden of having a wife with MS was especially after I had to go on SSd. He said he married me for better or worse, in sickness and health. When our youngest daughter got married my brother who did the wedding said in his little sermon thing that preachers think they have to do a t weddings, that our immediate family have over 200 years of marriage. We just find a way to work it out. I just wish DH would see that it is kind of nice to give me a gift for ANY occasion.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FaithS (02-15-2010), Twinkletoes (02-15-2010)