View Single Post
Old 01-22-2007, 09:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Seawind 36-My post surgery results

I know exactly the type of pain Yr referin to. Today is the 12th day post surgery for me (i/11/07) was performed...and I no longer have that burning itching Pins & Needle-Numbness. I always had it on ONLY my RIGHT side..The Only pain I have NOW is & swelling at my upper back where the cervical ends & the thoracis starts. I think it is from the hard collar-brACE i WEAR MOST ALL THE TIME...i WENT FOR 3, YES THREE opinions from 3 different surgeons...they all said YES surgery.
I tried physical therapy (traction) not on a machine but physically from the therapist....Next day it was a million time worse. That only confirmed I needed surgery...The surgeon said I had alot more arthritis in my neck than He realized. Mine was at C4 C5 C6 & C7...I didn't use my own hip bone...used donor bone & a metal plate-put in...If you use your own Hip bone recovery time is longer plus No PROOF that it's better...so think about that, especially U have little ones to care for...So far I'm glad and confident surgery was the right choice...God Bless and don't be afraid...it's not that bad....JoAnne...Email me @ joannema@webrv.net
joannema is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote