View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 01:09 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi, my name is Melody and I loved your post. With all the crap that has been handed to you, you still have a sense of humor. Not many people would.

I have diabetes and other stuff going on like degenerative joint disease but believe me, I had a bout of pain in my head when I had Bell's Palsy that I thought I would go out of my mind. It lasted two weeks. I remember calling up the doctor at 1 a.m. saying "I'm going out of my mind", and I remember the doctor telling me that PAIN IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH BELL'S PALSY".

I will never forget that. Pain is not associated with Bell's Palsy?? Oh really. I wanted to take a bat and take off the side of my face that was driving me crazy. Like I said, the whole experience lasted two weeks, and I have no idea why it went away but I will NEVER forget that pain.

And you live with this every day? And you still can enjoy the small things in life? Bless you for this, and you enjoy your lovely baby. She sounds wonderful. Good luck on the new one also. I will never be a grandma but I borrow my friend's grandchildren and I laugh and play with them.

To me, babies are very healing. And of course your grandbaby is the most adorable baby in the world. Of course she is. They all are.

I'd like to share a cute story with you. Yesterday I spent the day with my in-laws. There was my 2 year old great nephew. There was an air-hocky table (a full size adult one, not a kiddie one).

Do you know that this 2 year old and I played air hockey for 15 minutes, and this kid beat me. His eye hand coordination was amazing, and he actually got the puck in the goal. I have NEVER seen a baby do this in my life. He's only 2, but I think he'll be in the Olympics some day. I was hitting the puck and he's slamming it back at me. With perfect precise coordination.

Babies ARE WONDERFUL. Especially when they are good at air hockey.

You enjoy your babies and I hope that someday they find a way to have you live pain-free.

Take care,
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-15-2010)