Thread: Lyrica??
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 01:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default neurontin

I did stop the medication but these days what I deal with is hard to explain, according to the neurologist my nerves are waking up and not only am I hypersensitive to everything where the neuropathy pain is concerned but I've become highly sensitive to medications as well and even requested to see an allergist to make sure. I think everyone's body's and problems with nerve pain are different as well as their response to treatment but I think if doctors listened more to their patients and researched the medications and their effectiveness rather than drug companies that a lot of people wouldn't be having these issues, to be honest according to what I've seen there weren't that many people in the trials that actually experienced complete relief and if long term use of these medications hasn't been studied properly then the FDA should have never approved them, as many recalls as there have been on a lot of these kinds of medications because of all new dangers it makes me understand why so many people these days don't even want to see a doctor let alone go to an er for a true emergency. For now I have bigger concerns, the hospital my mom was taken too Tuesday released her with out telling us her head cat scan showed she has had a stroke, with everything going on with her and the reason she was taken by ambulance being that her doctor thought she may have had a stroke first off why didn't the hospital tell us and secondly why didn't they keep her over night? We only just found out through a letter from her doctors office, no one called and the er didn't inform us what so ever and it's quite possible it could have been caused by long term use of an anticonvulsant that I recently found out has caused the same problems in other patients, even patients on it just for migraine prevention. I guess it's time to make a trip to the medical board my mother wasn't treated properly in that hospital in my opinion, they told us her cat scan was perfectly normal and maybe I should go see a lawyer.
linna260000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote