View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default My neighbor is a nut job!

I live on a lake. We have wonderful homes here. most folks go away for the winter, and the street is deserted. This year the biggest house decided to rent out their in-law apartment. its been a round robin of bad tenants. (remember the lost beagle?)

The newest tenant is a nut job! Since his arrival, we have been hearing an air horn at all hours of the night and day. The police and the neighbors have been trying to hunt down where this is coming from. Recently in the last month, the air horn is followed by a gun shot. The new tenant is convinced that the other neighbor is blowing his horn at all hours to express his discontent with someone renting the apartment. The neighbor said that the gunshots are coming from the house where the new tenant is at.

DH was out for a walk this morn. the horn blows, and he saw the new tenant lean out the window, aim a rifle at the neighbors house, and FIRE! My DH tried to flag him, yell at him, and get his attention, but he appeared to not even see my DH. SCary!

The police were called. officers showed up, and searched his home. Not only did they find the 22 rifle that has been doing the shooting at all hours, they found the air horn! This man claims he has a sleep walking disorder, and he has the air horn because we are so far in the woods. If he is in trouble he can use it to get help. He said he must have been "sleep walking" and wasnt aware that HE was the one blowing the horn! That he has been firing the 22 rifle at the squirrles to keep them away from the house.

The problem with that story is that he is feeding the squirrels! The yard that is normally manicured is now littered with peanut shells, bird seed, suet, and so forth. Why would you feed the squirrels only to scare them off? He also wasnt aiming at the squirrels when he was leaning out the window! he was aiming at the neighbors house!

How in criminy are we supposed to enjoy the peace and quiet of a winter on the lake, when this nut ball is using an air horn at 2am, scaring himself awake, and then firing a gun to protest the air horn??!!! OMG! What a nut job!

I told my away neighbors that I will NOT be going back to water plants, or check bird feeders. Until the tenant is removed, I dont care if all her plants die. Im scared to walk my normal walking route now.

What should I say to the away neighbors? What should i say to this nut job should I see him. He lies so much I dont think he would know the truth if it bit him. Im scared now. Btw, the cops took his guns, and air horns, but WOW, whats to stop him from getting more?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (02-15-2010)