View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 04:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tyson,
I have tried to not comment but I just can't hold out any longer. I really get the feeling that you should not go on this trip. You have to let your body rest as much as possible and get your MG more under control. Until you do that, you will continue on this up and down cycle and the more you do, the longer it will take for your body to get some sense of balance.

I understand that you want to continue to live and of course you should but you have to realize that living for you now is different than living for you before MG. I haven't been skiing before but just looking at it I can see that it involves many muscles that can be compromised due to MG.

I know you are tired of hearing this but you have to give your body TIME to adjust to MG and how it affects you. The way MG affects you now may not be the way it will always be. I myself have gone into remission before but it was only after I stopped pushing myself, accepted the disease, followed my medical treatment plan and allowed my body to heal in a sense. It was a few years into my diagnosis but it did happen and it could happen for you too. I can tell you this, it will not happen if you continue to push the limits and hope that everything will be okay. Right now you just need to focus on finding the correct treatment plan for you that will help control your MG so that you can do the basic things in life, like being able to go to school all day and making it through the week without being totally wiped out.

I only speak out of concern for your health and your life. I hope you reconsider and pass on this trip. Doesn't mean you will have to pass on the next one NEXT year.

I wouldn't go skiing If I was you. It just feels way to risky right now.

Shari
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote