View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 05:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer14 View Post
what do you mean by having a plan b or c like if im not able to play sports?
Sports to start with.

I remember one of my first posts to you was about, "If you were a loved one of mine, with a head injury, I can't let you make those important decisions because of you being injured in the head." You're a minor too. You shouldn't be handling this by yourself, your way. You could be jeopardizing your chances for a good recovery. Head injury patients need SPECIAL attention, SPECIAL observation, SPECIAL testing by qualified doctors.

If you get treatment for obvious reasons you may be able to participate in the sports field in some capacity, and yes maybe at a later time. Did you ever think about coaching? It could be a career choice. You do love it so.

Hey, did you see the UK football player hit FL quarterback, TBow. He had a bad concussion. He got medical treatment. he's still playing. I still think he's having prblems from that bad lick. I'm not a doc, but I think it hurt him worse than he's letting them know. Nobody wants to see an athlete get hurt. It happens in sports. it happens a loooooot. You're injured.

Plan B or C could be to enrich your life with music. Maybe an interest in an instrument will give you some enjoyment, for life. It's safe, challenging, a new direction to experience, maybe. You like music, right? I wish I had cultivated my love for the piano. I have good finger dexterity and an ear for music. I even have a beautiful piano my sister gave me. I do pick at it and can play several favorites at times, if I practice. I love to listen to a recital, someone passionately playing, or quiet moments with instrumentals in the background that I've not had in years. all my shortcomings... all within my control. I think I'll get back at that.

There are other ways to pay for college besides sports scholarships. I'm proud of you for being motivated toward college. That's great. Different types of colleges nowadays.

Maybe you need to talk with a guidance counselor at your school. Could be time you started inquiring about the reality of your choices, what's it's like to get through it, to the end. One often changes their mind in midstream too. Think about what you think you can handle. Never to young to inquire. Food of thought. I changed my major from nursing and went to technical, more business type courses. Just happened like that.

Please go talk to your parents. Write it out if you need to. It will be okay.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (02-16-2010)