View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 05:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Book poster submissions for WPC

Girija,

PWP are invited to submit abstracts to the upcoming WPC. If I get more responses about sham surgery -- I thought I'd write an abstract an submit it for consideration. if accepted i would create a large poster about the topic - why patients believe this procedure is unethical, post text from European scientists who propose a different solution, post quotes from patients on the subject.

I know I just posted the signup page and thread, but so far the responses are underwhelming. Seventy people have taken a look, but many of the strongest voices in this forum are holding back. (only 3 responses as of now) I hope that will change.

I think this topic would fall under #4: 4-Influencing research through fundraising, clinical trials, grassroots campaigns

http://www.worldpdcongress.org/Abstracts/deadlines.cfm

Living with Parkinson's Abstracts

The WPC will also be accepting abstracts on the topic of living with Parkinson's disease. Living with Parkinson's abstracts should highlight and share details of programs and projects being designed and implemented that help people with PD and caregivers to take charge of their situation and bring about change on a local, regional, or national level. These can be projects done by individuals, groups, or organizations.

five categories for the Living with Parkinson's posters are:

1-Educational & Awareness Raising Programs

For example, posters might showcase activities to raise the profile of Parkinson's in your local community or to draw public attention to Young Onset Parkinson's Disease.

2-Government Advocacy/Campaigns/ Public Policy

For example, posters in this category might highlight campaigns to increase public funding for Parkinson's research or to reduce the cost of access to medication.

3- Living Healthier with PD

For example, posters might emphasize the benefits of exercise for people living with Parkinson's or the importance of diet.

4-Influencing research through fundraising, clinical trials, grassroots campaigns

For example, campaigns to achieve more involvement in research for the patient community or activities linked to specific potential medicaments.

5- Other

This isn't the life I wished for, but it is the life I have. So I'm doing my best.
jeanb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote