View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 06:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Broken Wings) View Post
Sports to start with.

I remember one of my first posts to you was about, "If you were a loved one of mine, with a head injury, I can't let you make those important decisions because of you being injured in the head." You're a minor too. You shouldn't be handling this by yourself, your way. You could be jeopardizing your chances for a good recovery. Head injury patients need SPECIAL attention, SPECIAL observation, SPECIAL testing by qualified doctors.

If you get treatment for obvious reasons you may be able to participate in the sports field in some capacity, and yes maybe at a later time. Did you ever think about coaching? It could be a career choice. You do love it so.

Hey, did you see the UK football player hit FL quarterback, TBow. He had a bad concussion. He got medical treatment. he's still playing. I still think he's having prblems from that bad lick. I'm not a doc, but I think it hurt him worse than he's letting them know. Nobody wants to see an athlete get hurt. It happens in sports. it happens a loooooot. You're injured.

Plan B or C could be to enrich your life with music. Maybe an interest in an instrument will give you some enjoyment, for life. It's safe, challenging, a new direction to experience, maybe. You like music, right? I wish I had cultivated my love for the piano. I have good finger dexterity and an ear for music. I even have a beautiful piano my sister gave me. I do pick at it and can play several favorites at times, if I practice. I love to listen to a recital, someone passionately playing, or quiet moments with instrumentals in the background that I've not had in years. all my shortcomings... all within my control. I think I'll get back at that.

There are other ways to pay for college besides sports scholarships. I'm proud of you for being motivated toward college. That's great. Different types of colleges nowadays.

Maybe you need to talk with a guidance counselor at your school. Could be time you started inquiring about the reality of your choices, what's it's like to get through it, to the end. One often changes their mind in midstream too. Think about what you think you can handle. Never to young to inquire. Food of thought. I changed my major from nursing and went to technical, more business type courses. Just happened like that.

Please go talk to your parents. Write it out if you need to. It will be okay.
yea i helped with coaching at the beginning of the year before i could play yet but i dont think that would really work you know it just made it worse acutally because it just made me want to play that much more. i cant stand sitting on the sidelines even just watching games at home on tv makes me want to go play.

i play piano some too. i used to play more but since high school i dont have lessons anymore because you guessed it sports took up too much time. i still play a little every once in a while fix you that song acutally. i can play some other songs but tend to get bored with it too fast. i think it would be cool to learn how to play guitar but i just cant stay focused on those kind of things long enough to really get anywhere with it. its definitely a challenge but not the kind that keeps my attention like sports do.

before i found out i could play this season i thought about volunteering at the local animal shelter. ive wanted to do it for a few years but you have to be 16. i turned 16 last may but never got around to it. i plan on doing it this summer and am really excited for it. i love animals.

i also thought about just quitting and getting a job instead but i knew if i did i would regret not playing for the rest of the season so i just figured hey im going to work the rest of my life once i get out of school i might as well just wait longer. thats the other thing i wouldnt know where to get one. i dont want to just stand at cash register all day you know? oh well i have a while to decide i guess.
soccer14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-16-2010)