View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was diagnosed with tennis elbow in MArch of 03. I worked until was laid off (due to company filing bankruptcy) on December 31, 2003. By the time I stopped working I had to have not one but 3 procedures on the left elbow. Ulnar, radial tunnel release and tennis elbow release-Jan 2004
July 2004-right ulnar release
December 2004-right carpal tunnel and radial release
Since all that cutting didn't help with the pain in my neck and all the numbness, discoloration and tingling up both arms I finally was seen and diagnosed with bilateral vascular and neurogenic TOS. Treatment started a year later with the rib-resection a year after the PT. April 2006.
I am better but can't do much of anything without pain or swelling. So now they are ready to do carpal tunnel release on left hand.
I have said I will never let them do the reb-resection on the right side-I would sooner cut my whole arm off-than suffer the intense post-op pain after surgery on an outpatient basis.
I, too am bored out of my mind...So I eat and eat and eat.......30 pound weight gain attributed to neurontin and Hershey's!!!!