View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
Do you have a website already Melody? you totally should make one about sprouts! I loved your videos! Do you use the sprouts on salads and sandwiches? I think that is very interesting stuff and would love to see you at least start a blog or something.
Hi Pam.

I had to laugh when you asked if I had a website so I could blog. That is the first time anyone has shown an interest in my sprouting capabilities.

You ask about how I use my sprouts? Were you able to see my other videos on youtube? If not, just click on one of the links that I gave on this thread, then go to the right where it says "more from eliz7212", and you'll see what else I have sprouted.

Each and every day I make the most amazing salad you can ever wish for.

And because my sprouts are sprouting on my book shelves in my kitchen, I simply walk over to the shelf, take off the lid of any sprout I am sprouting, and I take a handful. Then I go to another tray and take some of that. I don't have to buy any kind of lettuce because the sprouts are the basis for all of my salads.

So let's say I have some Fenugreek, Radish, and Broccoli sprouts (some organic alfalfa also). ALL OF MY SPROUTS ARE ORGANIC BY THE WAY. I get them from handypantry.com and Sproutpeople.com.

So I have these fresh sprouts in my salad bowl. I then slice up some black olives (just a few), some sliced green ones, some red onion (if I am in the mood), a few grape tomatoes (you should see the color of this salad). Then I add some turmeric, some pepper and salt to taste, a splash of extra virgin olive oil, and some apple cider vinegar.

Toss a few croutons on top of this and believe me this is a salad to die for.

Now as for my protein, I'll add some sliced up grilled chicken, or a can of chunk light tuna (I heard there's less mercury than solid white tuna), and VOILA!!!!

LUNCH!!!

I have a smaller version (with no added tuna or chicken), as my nighttime salad.

Growing this has given me a great hobby, I've learned what's good for my body, and what my body likes. And anyone can digest sprouts. Even people with Irritable bowel or any other gastric problems. I read where it said that sprouts have digestive enzymes because they are live.

And the other day I bought a chinese bamboo steamer, and tonight I made fresh Salmon on one level, and on the second level, I put broccoli, zuchini and asparagus. I steamed the whole thing for 10 minutes. WITH NO ADDED ANYTHING, Imagine that, no salt, no nothing, but you can add stuff to the boiling water in the bottom of the pot and it will infuse the food as the food steams.

So when I was done, I took some of my greek yogurt and added a dash of chipotle marinade from Lowrys. It adds a kick to the yogurt.

Dip the salmon and veggies in the yogurt and there you go.

The yogurt has live active cultures, there is no fat in this dinner, and it TASTES GOOD.

I just might make a video of my next steamed meal. And I will definitely show you one of my salads.

the colors are to die for. All that chlorophyl and active enzymes going in the body.

Well, in my mind at least, I think I'm doing something good for my body.

Take care

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote