View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Doctor at Duke Clinic

Well i know many of you arent going to be happy with the news I recieved today to some degree, but i am

First, i spend 6 hours today at the Duke clinic, which is really close to my house so its convenient.

But, i was examened by one of the fellows who was working for Dr. Juel this week, and then he came in. Asked if i really wanted to be followed by DUKE from now on, and i said, no one else is giving me answers, and i want answers and he was ready to give them.

Then he did a examination on me, scoring the weakness of my muscles, yet i was quite strong today, probably due to the plasmapheresis, or maybe just was rested.

but he said i COULD go skiing yet he doesnt know my past as well as my other neuro, he said right now, my muscles look okay enough to go.
I ordered a medical alert bracelet so it will be here by the time I go, So i will have that, with MG on the tag.

He also lowered my prednisone to 40mg a day, and cellcept is still at 2000mg. and he excpects to see iimprovement from that in march.

He added 1/2 tablet of mestinon 3 times a day to my regiment as well, to try to boost me.

Yet i dont think he saw me on a bad day, doesnt that figure?
Oh well, atleast i saw him. And hundreds of ppl are trying to get into him, and its a 6 month waiting list, yet HE wanted my case. Cool eh?

the perks of being a 17 yr old with a special type of generalized mg.

But, i hope this post finds you all strong

Hang in there.
tysondouglass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote