View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 06:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi New Horizon and welcome!

Although I am married, I know what you mean, it was a little awkward for my hubby at 1st, well, due to the fact that the day of the extractions, he came home, bent over to give me a kiss and pressed too hard and I yelped and cried due to the pain....LOL...maybe THAT scared him! But he has adjusted. The only thing is I guess I'm pretty VAIN, and I say this as I just came back from FLA with my family as my Mom passed away and all the sibliings came together and I REFUSED to come out of the Bathroom until my teeth where in place, but my brother in law was comfortable talking withOUT his uppers in (he just had his done too)....LOL...so hubby has NOT seen me withOUT mine in! LOL...My Mom had uppers and lowers since age 19 and she had NO problem dating then and I NEVEr knew she had dentures until I was about 25 years old...LOL...NEVER saw her without hers in either! Even up until the day she passed away, she instructed the nurses that her teeth NEVER come out until they where in a room for tests and NOONE but the nurse and DR. was present...LOL....

I have posted my findings on denture adhesives, should you need that and for SURE Secure Denture Adhesive, found online only, is FAB! And really has given me the confidence that I needed! Before I really wasn't going out or talking to anyone! So check that out....

Let us know how you are making out....Bryanna is a GREAT source of guidance and we are all here to support you and post your experiences, I'm sure they will help someone else as well.

I waited for 2 years to get this done and although my life has changed in ways, it is okay, I'm just 'in training' that is all. I found the first month was REALLY trying, but hopeing ONE day that my tongue will STOP playing around with the plate...LOL...it has a mind of it's own no matter WHAT I tell it, the dentist tells me I have a 'curious tongue'...LOL....

Be patient at the beginning....as you read my posts, you will see on day 2 that I was REALLY regretting what I had chose to do! BUT by the end, I am comfy and STILL have the hard align to do and I'm sure at THAT point it will be much better! but LOVE smiling now!

Keep posting! And much success to you! And remember, it is NOT your TEETH they will fall in love with, it is the person you ARE they will fall in love with! And remember Mid-forties are today's 30s....(hitting my 50th this year...yikes!)....TRUE love doesn't see dentures, it sees your warm heart!
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhorizon View Post
I am scheduled to have my teeth extracted to give way to a complete upper denture. I'm in my mid forties and just got divorced last year. Does anyone have success stories concerning finding someone who's willing to love you, dentures and all?
humarock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-22-2010), Bryanna (02-16-2010), lorelei739 (06-28-2010)