View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Long term prednisone usage

Nicky,
I hate that the pred didn't help you but at least that makes the decision to come off of it easier. When I first started it I felt like my old self but after a couple of months the side effects started surfacing and it didn't seem like I felt so good anymore as much as I felt like I was running like the Energizer bunny even when my body was exhausted! I think your smart to get a second opinion before starting the Imuran. My Dr said if my symptoms come back we will have to start some sort of immunosuppesant too but I sooo don't want to do that. My biggest issue is that I am starting to notice my eyelid is drooping again when I am tired. When I was on 60mg of pred that totally went away. I also notice my weakness is worse but so far the Mestinon takes care of that.

That is very scary about the wheezing and GERD. I was having some major problems with those things too but that has gotten better since stopping the Agrylin.

Yes please keep me posted on the effervesent you ordered. I will definitely consider getting that if you see improvement. I haven't seen alot of improvement since stopping the Agrylin except that I think my breathing is better throughout the day but gets worse by evening. It is a weird feeling like my rib cage area feels so weak and sometimes it feels like it is being squeezed. I am still hoping as time goes by I will see more improvement. Talk to you later.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote