View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Too funny that you mention social services. Last night about dinner time a state vehicle pulled into the driveway there. two nicely dressed women, and one man got out. Clip boards in hand. They stayed about an hour, maybe a bit more.

I got a call from my friend who owns the house before I went to bed. The tenant called them to say Adult protective services paid him a visit, and they dont feel him to be safe out here in the woods. He admitted he doesnt feel safe being so isolated. They are providing him with a city apartment in the elderly section within 60 days. I guess the house was a mess, and it was clear that he isnt capable of basic understandings. He asked them what would happen if he said no, he didnt want to go. They told him they would be required to have him see a therapist, and an MD to determine if he could make such a decision on his own.

After that I got a call from this man's sister. She apologized for the upset that was caused, and told me that she and the other sister were the ones that called APS on him. This incident scared them. They encouraged APS to place him elsewhere, closer to the city, so he can be near services.

I am thrilled! This is scary! For the first time in 60 days NO horns! no gun shots this morn! Wooo! How bizaare.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (02-17-2010), ewizabeth (02-17-2010), Jappy (02-16-2010), SallyC (02-16-2010)