View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

You are doing great! Was good to see so many responses...

I am my Olhipie's full-time caregiver. My Mom who is now 86 moved in almost three years ago. At first I was so frustrated...took all my privacy away. We then gave her a second room so she can choose what to watch on TV and have her own privacy. It was so great to have my living room back. Before we created her TV/Sitting room she was in our living room, which made me feel like I had lost a room. She would often complain about Olhipie and what he enjoyed...football for one.

I'm very blessed that she is so thankful for everything I do for her. She never complains except when she runs out of snacks or yarn to knit or crochet.

There are times that I want to go outside and scream...I do go out and say to myself...I can't do this. Then it thought comes into my mind as if my Dad was right there...love her and care for her as I did.

I am thankful for this time with Mom to learn how to love her in a way that I haven't done before. She is an amazing women...

I get no help from my siblings for her grandchildren except my children. My daughter lives in Moms old house through the field and my son who lives with us. Lots of family live very close by but none have made the effort to visit...they are the ones who are missing out and will have regrets...

Just love her!!!

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (02-17-2010)