View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, my update is mom moved back to TN. She couldn't take the cold up here even though they are having the same cold in TN. She wanted to go all the time, I can't. She refused to get involved with any activities in the area and just sat around. That was not healthy for her or for us. The tension was at an all time high in the house.

She's now home, smiling from ear to ear. She's with her friends and family again. Even though we worry about her, she is only 65 and the neuro assured us she is fine to live alone. He said if she messes up her pills again it will be on her because that is her only problem. He said she should never have another seizure as long as she is responsible and takes her pills like the doctor ordered.

So the moral of this story is. Do not move your parents into your home until they have rehabbed at least three months after a hospital stay. Do not assume the doctors are always right and go with your gut feeling. Do not do everything for your parents because the neuro said that only hinders them. He said let them try and if they need help, offer, but let them try first. For my mom, she has to retrain her brain. I pray her friends and family down there allow her to try on her own. If they do it for her she will let them.

I love her, I miss her. But living together while she was still healthy and able wasn't working. We'll be there for her when she needs it. Until then, smile mom, your home where you belong and long to be.
AZjanie (02-17-2010), tamiloo (02-26-2010), tied (02-26-2010)