View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

When DH2B and I first started dating, I was having a horrible day at work. He was supposed to go somewhere for training with the Army (I think Maryland, or PA) and so he would be gone for our weekend. At the time, I lived 60 miles away and we only saw each other on weekends. I was a little sad that he would be gone, but the Army has a way of mucking up your plans, so i was getting used to it. Next thing i know, I get paged to the front of the dealership (I worked for a car dealership in the back back office/ windowless file room that used to be a storage office). I go up front to find my cute soldier standing there ready to take me out to lunch. Army plans fell through and they got the rest of the day off, so he drove down to surprise me.

It was great! Unfortunately, I had to go back to work after lunch... which meant driving all the way back up to DC that afternoon. But it was worth it.

In fact, our first "Real" date was ruined by yours truely. A normal 2 hour trip took 6 hours to get there, our lunch date turned into a dinner date. And he was on the phone with me every hour to check in and persuade me to come up even though traffic was horrible. After dinner and a movie as we were headed back to my car I noticed the picnic basket in the back seat of his truck. Apparently he had packed a huge lunch and a bottle of wine and planned on taking me for a picnic lunch by the river.

yes, this is the same man who's idea of romance was to buy me a gun for my birthday!

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (02-17-2010), Twinkletoes (02-17-2010)