View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Frown My DeAnne's oldest cat passed away

My De's first cat was 18 years old. A big old fluffy persian hymalian. I have 4 others that were hers, 2 boys and 2 girls. Can't even think of going through this which each one.....the three younger lived with her, tigger and Kitty stayed at home as she grew older.

I could see he was slowing and weak, the last weekend though he really had a sad meow cry/whine. He could not eat, drink, poop like usual. I took him to the vet, I had no money and ds came up to take me. Mr. Kitty was his buddy truely.

When we got to the vet at that point he was so dehydrated, not able to stand, not drinking. His temp was down to 93 and should be at 99. He just lay there. Even if I had the money, the chances to get him to be able to maintain his body temp were nil.
We had to put him asleep and it is so upsetting for me. He was so close to me after my oldest married. Every night he slept with me and would wait for my eyes to peek open to whine to be fed his soft food.

Over the years he had many flares of the blocked urinary and pulled through, with heafty $500 to $1,000 price tags.I never thought I would do that but ds had a credit card and each time brought him through the crisis. That cat had a lot more them 9 lives.

I just miss my campanion, I know he is back with De now. But I ache for them both.

I just could not bare anymore heartache with the legal mess my ex created.
My chest just aches.....

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-17-2010), Brokenfriend (02-17-2010), Twinkletoes (02-18-2010)