View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 03:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycah View Post
Has anyone been diagnosed with RSD in Arizona and who did you see?

Thanks so much.
Hi Mycah, I have RSD and live in Scottsdale. I was diagnosed out of state, and when I came home, I saw Michael Powers-a neurologist. he confirmed diagnosis and referred me to hand ortho-I would need to look his name up. Where do you haved RSD?

My current Dr. of 6 years is not seeing new patients. He just opened two new clinics with HBOT. You could get in for hbot treatment. He is a neurologist, psychiatrist and pharmacologist-good combination.

Last year the RSDSA had their annual meeting at the hospital at 92nd & Shea. The Arizona Pain Center is there> The two founding Drs. are familiar with RSD. 6 years ago when I was hospitalized, that is the hospital I went to, There were people in ER and semi icu very familiar with RSD.

The mayo clinic on 56th St & Mayo Blvd is the clinic that did ketamine studies 10 years ago. I think there is one Dr. that treats RSD, but feet only. That is what I was told when I called a year or two ago. I have a friend that works for the Mayo closer to Fountain Hills in administration if you need more information.

I also can get the name of Dr. who does blocks, I believe at St Lukes Hospital. The RSD Dr. that was at Barrows Neurological Institute is now at the VA hospital. Barrows told me they didn't have an RSD Dr. but that was a receptionist, would have to check that out. I know that's an excellent hospital.

RSDSA would know which Drs. are into RSD. Ask for Jim Broatch-he was at the meeting and the next day was a full day meeting with drs.

Let me know what phone numbers you are interested in. your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote