View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 03:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Slow but great recovery

I have just begun to start feeling a bit more normal over the last month. (This is over two years after a concussion.) I am really feeling pretty good about it at the moment. It is a real relief to have got this far.

It isn't that I got up in the morning and felt better than the day before. I don't notice anything different on that time scale, but if I go back to this time last year then there has been a huge improvement. A diary can help you to notice the changes. It is natural the focus on what is still wrong and wish that remaining symptoms would go away, but if I look back then I can see that there are a lot of things that have definitely improved a lot.

To mention one symptom in particular, I don't feel dizzy anymore! At least hardly at all. There was definitely something wrong in that department. I had a tendency to veer off to one side when I was trying to walk in a straight line, and I felt dizzy. It improved steadily for about 6 months but then I seemed to plateau. I didn't think that there was any improvement at all for more than a year. But now, I definitely notice that I don't notice it any more. That is the nearest thing that I have to waking up one morning and being better. I suppose I was concentrating on other symptoms and thinking that the dizziness wasn't changing at all. But it must have been because now I realize that the dizziness has almost gone.

All my other symptoms have gradually improved as well.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (02-17-2010)