View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi when I first was dx with rsd it was a hard dx because I did not have the typical of how it happened and all the symptoms. You don't have to have all the symptoms to have rsd. The doctors are learning this more and more everyday. Through the 3 years I have had my condition my symptoms have changed too. Anyhow on the anxiety front I have this badly but it was worse and got to an out of control point. When I was dx I should of went to a psych asap but my thought was if I could get fixed my anxiety would be less. Well the fix did not happen since this is a managed condition and I finally did go to a psych. I still have anxiety and of course the pain is still there but I deal with it in a better fashion. I really encourage you to go and anyone else. My pain doc said something that really helped me with this he said one does not live in pain for this amount of time and it not impact you mentally. I liked this approach because it was not like saying the pain is in my mind or I can mentally make it go away. He was saying that you need support to deal with the physical pain. Feel better
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (02-18-2010)