View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
It's hard to believe these aren't seizures, especially given that you even seem to have a preceeding aura.

Anyway, I have a lot of speech issues. I often freeze up because I can't think of a word (apraxia) or say the wrong word (aphasia). However, while I do stutter, I don't become disoriented or experience rigid tongue.

That said, I do have these super wierd moments when I can't make my body do what I want. For example, I can suddenly not be able to put on my left shoe (I know what I want to do, but can't do it) or climb a step. Maybe something similiar is happening with your speech.

Sometimes I'll just freeze up for a few minutes and be incapable of any movement or speech. This is more likely to happen if I'm in an over-stimulating environment. Do you find speaking to others stressful?

Have you had a neuro-psych to access your brain damage? If so, which lobes are showing the most impairment? Perhaps, as my neuro says, this is a wiring problem.

Cheers
Yeah it usually seems to materialize in overstimulating environments. As they've taken me off Tegretol, the episodes seem to be less frequent. Perhaps it was a reaction to that medication.

I'll do some reading on apraxia. Thanks.
jayhybrid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote